Saturday, January 24, 2015

Create Magazine - Jillibean Soup

Hello blog readers!! Earlier this month, Create Magazine published it's January issue and it highlights Jillibean Soup!

We are super excited to share a bunch of Jillibean Soup layouts, cards and tags in the magazine and there are even some fun facts all about the Jillibean Soup company too!

Some of the DT designed items for the magazine and I am going to share my pages with you. Each item is based on a sketch provided to us from the magazine, so you should go check out the magazine to see everyone's different takes on the sketches.


I was lucky enough to have some new "soup" to use on my projects - this card and layout both use the new Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup collection, that was revealed at CHA a few weeks ago.


Lots of fun little bits and pops of color in this collection, loving the golden yellow mixed with teal and a hint of black too. I tried to stick pretty close to the sketch, added in a few layers to the edges of the page as it was just too white for my liking.



I used so many Jillibean Wood Sprinkles (wood/enamel dots) lately, I think they are my newest addiction. Even the large ones which frighten some people, but they are perfect instead of a boring punched circle shape. I love the little file tags that have sentiments or quotes on them and so I trimmed a few down for this little banner on my page. I attempted to watercolor a mini placemat card for my title and added more watercolor paint behind it so you could read the title easily!

 



I hope you will head over and check out all the great DT projects and those from the rest of the magazine contributors, who used a lot of JIllibean Soup this month!

To download/view a free copy - just click HERE

No comments: